[New-York-News] Voter Resources and Info

Arthur Jacobs ajacobs633 at aol.com
Tue Nov 3 00:15:19 UTC 2020

2020 Blind Voter Election Day Hotline
We are hosting an Election Day hotline that blind and low-vision voters, poll workers, and voting rights advocates can call when problems with accessible voting technology or other barriers prevent a blind voter from casting a private and independent ballot. To access the hotline, call 1-877-632-1940 on November 3, 2020 from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern and Pacific.

2020 Blind Voter Survey
If you are a blind or low-vision voter who participated in the 2020 U.S. presidential election, we need your feedback. The 2020 Blind Voter Survey consists of two separate surveys this year:

Absentee and Mail-In Voters: If you are a blind or low-vision voter who voted absentee or by mail, please complete surveymonkey.com/r/YJJL7GN.
In-Person Voters: If you are a blind or low-vision voter who voted at an early voting center or at a polling place on Election Day, please complete surveymonkey.com/r/NGFMPF2.
The results will be provided to state election officials, state protection and advocacy agencies, and voting rights advocates to help improve the accessibility of future elections. Funding for the survey was provided through a Help America Vote Act grant from the Administration for Community Living, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Questions about the survey or accessible voting should be directed to Lou Ann Blake at lblake at nfb.org or 410-659-9314, extension 2221 or Jeff Kaloc at jkaloc at nfb.orgor 410-659-9314, extension 2206.

2020 Voting Stories
We are collecting stories about the personal experiences of blind voters for potential sharing with media, policymakers, and the public. These stories will help personalize and illustrate the need for improvements in the accessibility of federal, state, and local elections. Send your story to myvote at nfb.org. You can also call 410-659-9314, extension 8683 (which spells out VOTE on your telephone keypad), and leave us a voicemail. Include your name, where you live, and how we can contact you if we need to follow up.