[New-York-News] FW: Announcing the NYS Federation of the Blind Convention

president at nfbny.org president at nfbny.org
Mon Sep 7 00:41:01 UTC 2020

You Are Cordially Invited to Attend

The 64th Convention of the National Federation of the Blind

Of New York State

“Moving Forward”

The National Federation of the Blind of New York State will hold its sixty-fourth annual convention virtually everywhere and anywhere, from October 19-25, 2020. Please join us as we strive to build a network of expertise and encouragement among blind New Yorkers and work together to make a positive difference in the lives of blind people across New York State.

Details can be found on the attached Convention letter or our website,  <http://www.nfbny.org> www.nfbny.org.

Also attached is our New York State Scholarship information.  Please share this with any blind secondary education students you know.

Registration for this year’s convention can be made through the NFB of NYS office, by visiting  <http://www.nfbny.org/conventions/register> www.nfbny.org and completing our online registration form, or by filling out the attached registration form and returning it to the affiliate office with a check for your registration fee.  This year’s registration will be only $10.00.  That will entitle you to chances for our door prizes, allow for timely updates of convention announcements, and help offset the costs of the convention.

Using the same registration form, you will also be able to purchase your tickets for a group of drawings.  Each drawing will be for a chance to win one of our many gift card prizes.  Every ticket you buy for $10 (or 3/$25) gives you one chance for each of at least 8 drawings.  That’s 8 chances, or more, to win with each $10 ticket!

Please call the office at 716-222-3632 with any questions regarding this year’s convention.

This year’s convention is going to be a great event and we look forward to you joining us.

Mike Robinson, President

National Federation of the Blind of New York State, Inc.

2175 Sheridan Drive

Buffalo, New York 14223

716-222-3632

716-222-3NFB

“The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.”