[New-York-News] Reminder: Braille Study Group Saturdays at 11:30 AM Eastern

Chancey Fleet chanceyfleet at nypl.org
Thu Jan 28 20:50:25 UTC 2021

Hi everyone,
Our Braille study group meets every Saturday at 11:30 AM Eastern, and is
led by staff and volunteers at NYPL's Andrew Heiskell Braille and Talking
Book Library. We are open to anyone: whether you are a Braille beginner or
fully fluent, blind or sighted, you are welcome to attend. We know that
studying Braille at a distance can be a challenge, but we can support you
with:
Encouragement and fellowship from other learners
Info on where to sign up for free Braille classes and receive free Braille
materials
Answers to your questions about contractions, reading and writing Braille
Recommendations for tools and sites to help you learn Braille online.

We meet every Saturday, but you do not have to attend every session. Please
register here:
https://nypl.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUlde2hqTkoG91r_zJaHFrQ8YuaIgNhzFEg

--
Chancey S. Fleet