[New-York-News] FW: Braille Challenge Family & Professional Webinars this week

rybodek at gmail.com rybodek at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 00:33:41 UTC 2021

Hi,

Sorry for sharing this a bit late. Better late than never… I listened to one session and it was great. It’s not only about Braille but also about other skills related to the visually impaired.

See below and attached.

Hello Colleagues!

On behalf of the Braille Challenge Committee and Educational Vision Services, I would like to thank you all in triplicate for being a part of our NYC Regional Braille Challenge Open Ceremony yesterday. We were thrilled that you could all share about your special programs and opportunities. I learned a lot in the time each of you presented. I also am sure that you all broke a record for having 16 separate agencies and organizations all speak in under an hour. That was beyond impressive! But it was also wonderful to hear about what everyone is offering during the most challenging year we have had. We appreciate that you all believe, like we do, that we must provide robust services and programs for our students, regardless of the situation.

I would also like to reiterate what our fabulous Host/MC Jonathan Hooper said last night that you are all invited to our Webinar series starting this Sunday morning at 10:00 AM. Not only would we like you all to join, but we are also asking you to share the information I have attached for any of your families or colleagues who may benefit from joining. We especially want to get the word out to the Spanish and Mandarin speaking families and ensure they all know the Webinars will all be interpreted in those respective languages. Participants do not have to be involved with EVS to join. I have attached the condensed instructions in English as well as in both Spanish and Mandarin (in this case we chose Simplified Chinese). So please pass this on to families, friends or other programs you are associate with. None of it is copyrighted so we have no problem sharing.

Also, please mark your calendars for March 18th at 5:00 PM for our closing ceremony. We would love to see you all there so you know the results of why were are doing all of this in the first place. This is all for the students and for them to know that we all take teaching and learning Braille very seriously.

All the best, thank you again and I look forward to our continued collaborations. 😊

Gregory

Gregory H. Santamoor

Director

Educational Vision Services