[New-York-News] Seeking participants for a paid usability test of our website

Kim, Sonna (CFPB) Sonna.Kim at cfpb.gov
Fri Nov 19 21:35:39 UTC 2021

Hello,

The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is conducting a usability test to ensure everyone can easily access content on our website. We're looking for low-vision or blind participants who use screen readers to access the internet. The tests should take about an hour and may be conducted in-person in the NYC area, or remotely. You will receive $80 compensation for your time.

The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is a U.S. government agency that makes sure banks, lenders, and other financial companies treat you fairly.

For more information, contact Sonna Kim at sonna.kim at cfpb.gov<mailto:sonna.kim at cfpb.gov>.

Privacy Act Statement 5 U.S.C. 552a(e)(3)

Your information will be used by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (Bureau) for recruitment to participate in a usability test to evaluate user experience and accessibility when using assisted technology on ConsumerFinance.gov.

If you choose to participate, the Bureau will obtain personally identifiable information (PII) such as your name, email address, and telephone number to contact you to schedule a session and provide information regarding participation in the research.

Information collected will be treated in accordance with the System of Records Notice (SORN), CFPB.021 – CFPB Consumer Education and Engagement Records. Although the Bureau does not anticipate further disclosing the information provided, it may be disclosed as indicated in the Routine Uses described in the SORN. Direct identifying information will be kept private except as required by law.

This collection of information is authorized by Pub. L. No. 111-203, Title X, Sections 1013 and 1022, codified at 12 U.S.C. §§ 5493 and 5512.

Participation is voluntary.

The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is conducting a usability test to ensure everyone can easily access content on our website. We're looking for low-vision or blind participants who use screen readers to access the internet. The tests should take about an hour and may be conducted in-person in the NYC area, or remotely. You will receive $80 compensation for your time.

The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is a U.S. government agency that makes sure banks, lenders, and other financial companies treat you fairly.

For more information, contact Sonna Kim at sonna.kim at cfpb.gov<mailto:sonna.kim at cfpb.gov>.

Thank you,
Sonna