[NFB-Arkansas] Learn about our upcoming state wide event you don’t have to attend

Cindy Scott-Huisman crsh at att.net
Thu Jul 28 19:39:17 UTC 2022

Hello –
I hope your summer is going well. Autumn will be here before we know it!
The National Federation of the Blind of Arkansas will be launching a state-wide fundraiser in mid-September and it’s going to be the biggest success, with all of us participating.
Many more details will be supplied as the time for action gets closer.
We are getting postcards printed that you will mail out to all your family, friends, and other contacts, such as businesses you frequent. The postcards are oversized, so they need .60 cent postage on them to mail, or you can hand deliver them.
The postcards will describe an event that no one actually will attend. It’s called an ABSENT-TEA, and it’s simply a clever way of asking for donations.
The beauty of this type of fundraiser is the low-cost of conducting it, none of us have to do any set-up, and we can all easily participate from the comfort of our own home.
We will also be providing ways for you to participate that do not involve distributing the postcards, through email and social media.
At this time, we need to know who’s committed to help get the postcards out. Are you able to help? If so, please put some thought into how many cards you will be responsible for distributing.
I would love to hear back from everyone, so I know you have heard about our ABSENT-TEA!!!
Once you have in mind the number of postcards you need, please contact me, so we can order plenty of cards for everyone.
Let me know the address you want me to mail your cards to, and how many cards you will distribute.
I need to hear from you by Sunday, August 7, so we get the postcards printed in plenty of time, to get them sent out to each person in our state organization.
Reply to me by emailing my work, cantrellgalleryar at gmail.com or my personal email, crsh at att.net
If you need to call, my number is, 501-920-7454
I hope all of this is well described, but if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to let me know.
I can’t wait to see the awesome results of this opportunity for each of us to work together to collect funds for our upcoming projects and also to help send NFB of Arkansas members to Washington D.C., to speak with government leaders about changes that can help us and others in our communities.
Thanks for your thoughtful consideration,
Cindy Scott-Huisman
Central Arkansas Chapter president
P.S. if you know other ways to help get this message out to anyone who may not have already received it through our listserve or my Central Arkansas Chapter email list, please forward it, call folks on the phone, or send out some pigeons – ha ha – just kidding, but seriously, please help get this message to everyone
Thanks again

Life is short and dictation is faster — please pardon any errors.