[NFB-Arkansas] Fw: Solar Eclipse Project meeting info

Brent Philpot bphilpot642 at att.net
Wed Jan 3 01:11:04 UTC 2024

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail for iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

On Tuesday, January 2, 2024, 5:15 PM, Cantrell Gallery <cantrellgalleryar at gmail.com> wrote:

ToArkansas Chapter Presidents

Zoomlink at bottom – for members only

NationalFederation of the Blind of Arkansas is hosting a brief, virtual presentationfor those who are interested in learning more about the Eclipse SoundscapesProject. Whether you are a member of NFB or not, join us at 7:00 pm, CST onMonday, January 8, 2024 via Zoom or call on the At Large Chapter conference number,

1-605-313-5566;;2772898#

Findout how you can participate!

We'llalso try to leave some time for any questions folks might have.

TheEclipse Soundscapes Project is a NASA-funded participatory science project thatis exploring how solar eclipses impact life on Earth. Eclipses are usuallythought of as a visual phenomenon, but some evidence suggests that theenvironmental changes brought on by an eclipse may result in changes in sound,temperature, and more. Therefore, eclipses can be experienced in a multisensorymanner!

We are seeking participants to join us as Data Collectors and Observers forthe April 8, 2024 total eclipse, which will happen over mostof Arkansas.

DataCollectors use an AudioMoth device to record potential changes in sound databefore, during, and after the eclipse.

Observersuse all of the senses available to them to take written notes about observationsabout what they heard, felt, or saw during the eclipse.

EclipseSoundscapes was created with accessibility in mind and a special focus on theinclusion of people who are blind or low vision. If you are interested inastronomy, ecology, or other STEM topics, we'd love for you to join us!

Thedeadline to apply to be a part of this project is January 31, 2024.

Letme know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

CindyScott-Huisman

NFBof Arkansas is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting. Topic: NFB ofArkansas's Zoom Meeting Time: Jan 8, 2024 07:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)Join Zoom Meeting https://nfb-org.zoom.us/j/6322726273?pwd=Uk1kYWpvMDdjeW1lVE1CbGI3UDVPQT09&omn=97585327119Meeting ID: 632 272 6273 Passcode: nfbARzoom1 --- One tap mobile+16469313860,,6322726273#,,,,
--
Cantrell Gallery
8208 Cantrell Road