[NFB-Braille-Discussion] Braille transcribing question

Donald Winiecki dwiniecki at handid.org
Tue Dec 17 12:39:46 UTC 2019

Hi Josh,

Yes. Most textbook transcription today happens using translation and
formatting software.

Even so, I won't say that a Perkins brailler or slate are unnecessary or
even obsolete for people who produce braille for more than personal use.
Currently, I have a job in which I am using a Perkins and I regularly use a
slate to braille small jobs, including one-off tactile graphics, dymo-tape
labels, and such.

And believe it or not, I am actually on the lookout for an interpoint slate!

_don