[NFB-Braille-Discussion] Hebrew Braille and Orbit

Rasmussen, Lloyd lras at loc.gov
Wed Jul 24 15:05:16 UTC 2019

As you probably know, an Orbit Reader does not have a braille translator in it. It can represent any kind of braille you want, including forms of 8-dot braille, but you need a program on another device to do the translation to and from text. The tool that APH provides uses the LibLouis translation library, which comes with a large number of tables for different languages. If you used that program, called send2braille, you would need to alter some batch files so that your translation table of choice would be used.
So I would say "prepare for some complexity."

Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Staff Engineer
National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress, Washington, DC 20542  202-707-0535
Nls.loc.gov
The Preceding opinions are my own and not necessarily those of the Library of Congress, NLS.