[NFB-Braille-Discussion] World braille day

Jasmyn Po jazzyep94 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 5 16:04:05 UTC 2020

Me and my favorite device to write Braille with Braille is the slate and stylus and the Braille writer. I like to sleep and stylus because I could take it to places like college, the doctor's office , Etc along with some Braille paper and practice. Every time I go to college, my bookbag has my slate and stylus and a folder full of Braille paper along with a pair of sleep shades. I also bring one of my braille books to read on my free time before class or going to work. Because of this I've improved my Braille skills. I like using my Braille writer for making cards for my friends who are blind and practice as well when I'm at home. What makes my college even blind friendly is there is Braille on the bathrooms, the classroom numbers , the elevator, the library, and the vending machine. This is great practice with Braille when I can't write it at school. I try to use every opportunity to improve my Braille skills.
Photo - me reading Braille
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sun, Jan 5, 2020 at 9:24 AM, Sahar's Beaded Creations via NFB-Braille-Discussion<nfb-braille-discussion at nfbnet.org> wrote:   The electric Perkins does not allow for faster typing unless they'd
introduced an electric Perkins I don't know about. Electric braillewriters
are louder, and you don't have to push as hard on the keys. I personally
don't like them because if you need to write on plastic and press harder,
the electric brailler does not allow that.

Warm regards,
Sahar Husseini
For hand-crafted, one-of-a-kind jewelry, please visit my Website at
www.saharscreations.com Find me on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/saharscreations And remember, "Obstacles don't have to stop
you.  If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up.
Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it."
Michael Jordan