[NFB-Braille-Discussion] Literacy for Adult Learners

Cindy García ccgarcia2005 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 10 13:41:13 UTC 2021

I read at about 80 words a minute. I have read the speed since I would say about the sixth grade. I am able to read a book just fine and comprehend it and enjoy it. There was a time, when I worried about reading speed. But now I just read to enjoy it. Everybody gave some good advice here. in fact, reading slower helps me with my learning disability. I am able to stop at the end of the sentence, or at the end of a paragraph, and reflect. I’m not able to do this very well with an audiobook. Cindy Guilliams
San Antonio Texas, USA.