[NFB-Braille-Discussion] Slate and Stylus

Dean Martineau topdot at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 22:43:33 UTC 2021

Using a slate and stylus is an activity that doesn't accommodate itself to
hand pain or hand disorders.  You may not find a comfortable stylus.

There is a mental trick to it.  You don't "flip" braille. That takes too
much effort and would be slow. Rather, when I hold the stylus, which I
hardly ever do any more, dots 1 2 and 3 are on the right, and dots 4 5 and 6
are on the left. That's just where they are. I learned the slate after the
Perkins, but while still young, so maybe that helps, but I recommend trying
to carve out that set of synapses.

Dean