[NFB-Braille-Discussion] reading speed: was Slate and Stylus

Debra Baxley debrabaxley330 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 16:20:02 UTC 2021

No.  I found those numbers on the internet.  You can read as fast as you
possibly can.

Who knowss?  It could be faster than four hundred words per minute.

Debbra n 6/15/2021 10:49 AM, Dean Martineau via NFB-Braille-Discussion
wrote:
> I have to wonder how those estimated speeds were arrived at, and I don't
> think they're limiters. I don't know where a large enough sample size was
> ever assembled to arrive at really definitive numbers of average speeds.
>   If you want to increase your speed a bit, even for personal accomplishment,
> I, nonprofessionally, suggest that you take a book that isn't too demanding,
> maybe even one you're somewhat familiar with, and force yourself to read
> faster than you're  comfortable.  Spend some consistent time doing this and
> see what happens.  I've done the same thing with audio, forcing the screen
> reader speed a bit faster than I like to increase my speed.  It can't hurt!
>
> Thought-provoking reading: http://bahaiteachings.org

>>> a
>>> mp;sdata=VUjACG8ZEuIR8UUdJMrm9pAyBxIuYmR2NrUc7iKP2oI%3D&reserved=
>>> 0 To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info
>>> for NFB-Braille-Discussion:
>>> https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fnfbne
>>> .org%2Fmailman%2Foptions%2Fnfb-braille-discussion_nfbnet.org%2Fmrspoc
>>> 56%2540hotmail.com&data=04%7C01%7C%7C19e5a43ba981421f9bee08d92ba2
>>> b
>>> 18a%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637588800027984081%7
>>> C
>>> Unknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1
>>> h
>>> aWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=SmTX0nUCqt2Y0ODTo%2Bz5kyxfj7ItFgz
>>> R
>>> QSf0BL5%2FO30%3D&reserved=0

>>> protect.cudasvc.com%2Furl%3Fa%3Dhttp%253a%252f%252fnfbnet.org%252fmai
>>> lma&data=04%7C01%7C%7C03593ac9f31240ffcf1b08d92ff272c5%7C84df9e7f
>>> e9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637593540623577594%7CUnknown%7CTWF
>>> pbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6
>>> Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=rDzE8%2FsJS%2BZ0FX%2FQQ3s3d8DEhchVJxRNYUxNgmY
>>> DZM4%3D&reserved=0
>>> n%2flistinfo%2fnfb-braille-discussion_nfbnet.org&c=E,1,B7YlqZETJiUo-A
>>> t
>>> OHe87PeIdqU978zENfcsflhUaDv2lBucS0zsuWgx89VuCpeXj00iRnIMJK3c3G2pUldZB
>>> J
>>> zx385Hi2c0ERANs3pDzjk33dcvZ_mfaOhlsIA1_&typo=1
> NFB-Braille-Discussion:
>>> https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Flink
>>> protect.cudasvc.com%2Furl%3Fa%3Dhttp%253a%252f%252fnfbnet.org%252fmai
>>> lma&data=04%7C01%7C%7C03593ac9f31240ffcf1b08d92ff272c5%7C84df9e7f
>>> e9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637593540623587552%7CUnknown%7CTWF