[NFB-Braille-Discussion] TTY in braille

ken lawrence kenlawrence124 at aol.com
Sat Jun 19 16:42:25 UTC 2021

Hi list ken here posted this to tech division but no answer.  I have a deaf/blind friend that I went to school with in Connecticut in the 70s that I had been in contact with again via the NJ relay.  I’m curious now that I have an iPhone and can again enable TTY functions and since I am one of the pilot testers of the new braille Ereader if I can now call her without the help of the NJ relay.  Does anyone know if a user of a braille keyboard/braille display including the ereader can use that device as a TTY divice if paired to an Iphone?  In the case of the reader would it work that way if the braille profile is set to Duxbury. Would it work that way.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent from Mail for Windows 10