[NFB-Braille-Discussion] Having major problems with a couple Reader braille Notetakers

Kelsey Nicolay piano.girl0299 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 17:17:36 UTC 2021

Good afternoon,
I have a Focus 40 5th generation and have had nothing but problems
with it. I've had to send it back four times because the spacebar and
other keys stick. It will work for a while after replacement, but then
several months later, I had to get the unit replaced for the exact
same issue. I'm on my fourth replacement now and am once again having
the exact same issue I sent the other units back for. Someone gave me
a Brailliant Bi 40 they don't need anymore and it works better than
the Focus, so I'm using that as my primary display now. I'm not saying
the Focus is a bad product, but if you are planning to do a lot of
typing with the unit, I would caution you that the keyboard on the
Focus is not well made and I'm honestly considering selling it to get
a Brailliant Bi40X since the Humanware keyboards seem to be more
durable.