[NFB-Braille-Discussion] [EXTERNAL] Best way to braille playing cards

Scherer, David David.Scherer at WashoeSchools.net
Mon Jan 24 19:44:07 UTC 2022

A slate is faster. Once you have the first card lined up, the other cards go in the same place on the slate. I've brailled a few decks of cards and the slate worked out the best.

David Scherer

Braille Transcriber

Washoe County School District

Reno, NV

Literacy is for everyone.

________________________________
From: NFB-Braille-Discussion <nfb-braille-discussion-bounces at nfbnet.org> on behalf of Kelsey Nicolay via NFB-Braille-Discussion <nfb-braille-discussion at nfbnet.org>
Sent: Sunday, January 23, 2022 7:52 AM
To: nfb-braille-discussion at nfbnet.org <nfb-braille-discussion at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Kelsey Nicolay <piano.girl0299 at gmail.com>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [NFB-Braille-Discussion] Best way to braille playing cards

Hello,
I have several decks of braille playing cards. However, only one corner has braille on it. I used to be able to find some with two corners brailled, but I can’t seem to find them now, so I’m considering taking a deck I already have and brailling the other corner. However, I have found that lining the cards up in the Perkins brailler is a bit tricky, so I am looking for recommendations on the best way to do this. Would a slate be the better way to accomplish this?

Sent from Kelsey Nicolay’s iPhone