[NFB-Conventions] Join Us at the NFB of Virginia Convention (October 24-31)

tracy.soforenko at gmail.com tracy.soforenko at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 21:14:30 UTC 2021

You are cordially invited to the Virginia Affiliate's 63rd Annual State
Convention.

"Unlocking our possibilities"

Check it out, there is something for everyone:

*       Two part series, Advocating for your blind child, organized by the
Virginia Association of Parents of Blind Children.

*       Embracing our Diversity, Understanding distinctions between
prejudice, bias, and micro triggers, presented by the Diversity Equity and
Inclusion Committee.  Key speakers to include, Denise Avant, NFB Diversity
Equity and Inclusion Committee, National Committee Member.

*       Senior Empowerment Seminar, unlocking the best of the rest!   An
interactive seminar targeted to Seniors but everyone can benefit from the
exciting programming we have planned.

*       Octoberfest, listen to Ghost stories, compete individually or as a
part of a team in our game room, and have the opportunity to meet and chat
with Denise Avant, National Representative.

*       Big Money made easy.  Learn the techniques for financial success.

*       Speed dining, meet with old friends and make a few new ones as you
are moved into a new breakout room every 15 minutes.

This is just a small subset of the valuable programming to be included in
sessions run between Sunday October 24 and Sunday, October 31.

The National Federation of the Blind of Virginia convention combines
excellent networking with positive blind role models, fellowship with old
and new friends across the Commonwealth and the Country, and some of the
best presentations on topics important to the blind of Virginia

Don't wait, register today. Registration for our virtual convention is free
and will only take a few minutes. By registering, you will be informed of
convention events and  will be eligible for door prizes.

The agenda for the convention and other details can be found on our
convention landing page at:

https://www.nfbv.org/convention

The agenda is also attached.

The link for registration can be found at:

https://nfbv.org/registration

Tracy Soforenko

President, National Federation of the Blind of Virginia

202 285-4595

 <mailto:Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com> Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com

 <http://www.nfb.org> www.nfb.org

 <http://www.nfbv.org> www.nfbv.org

National Federation of the Blind. Live the Life You Want