[NFB-Conventions] Information and Registration Form- 2023 Annual State Convention, National Federation of the Blind of CT

dandrews920 at comcast.net dandrews920 at comcast.net
Thu Sep 7 20:02:41 UTC 2023

52nd Annual State Convention!!

November 3, 4 & 5, 2023

          The National Federation of the Blind of Connecticut will hold our
52nd Annual State Convention on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, November 3, 4
& 5, 2023 at the Holiday Inn, 35 Governor Winthrop Boulevard, New London.
Rooms will be available for Friday and Saturday nights for a convention
discounted rate of $102.80 including tax, per night. To reserve a room, call
the Holiday Inn at 860-443-7000 and use our group code FTB to receive our
discounted rates. Click here for a direct link:
<https://www.holidayinn.com/redirect?path=rates&brandCode=HI&localeCode=en&r
egionCode=1&hotelCode=HFDNL&checkInDate=02&checkInMonthYear=102023&checkOutD
ate=05&checkOutMonthYear=102023&_PMID=99801505&GPC=FTB&cn=no&viewfullsite=tr
ue> Federation Of The Blind. The deadline for reserving a room for the
convention is October 2, 2023

Friday night dinner will be on your own this year. An excellent option is
the hotel's restaurant, La Luna, which is an Italian restaurant that serves
very good food at reasonable rates. The hotel will have firepits on their
outdoor patio in time for our convention. We will be holding our Vendor Fair
on Friday evening from 7:00pm to 10:00pm.

On Saturday morning, a full breakfast buffet will be served at 8:00am
followed by our general session which starts promptly at 9:00am. We will
hear from Affiliate President Maryanne Melley, our National Representative
Gary Wunder and a variety of innovative speakers.

Lunch will be served from 12pm-1:00pm. Speakers will continue after lunch.
We will also hold open discussion sessions, including one regarding Uber and
Lyft usage. The CT Association of Blind Students meeting will be held from
2:00pm to 3:00pm and the CT Association of Guide Dog Users meeting will be
held from 3:30pm to 4:30pm.

Our Banquet will begin at 6:00pm. National Representative Gary Wunder will
address our convention during the banquet Saturday evening. Also, we will
present Academic Scholarship Awards.

We will, of course, have our 50/50 and basket raffles!

On Sunday morning at 8:00am, a full breakfast buffet will be served before
our 9:00am Annual Business Meeting. We will elect two board positions.

The National Federation of the Blind of Connecticut acknowledges

with gratitude our convention sponsors listed below:

Silver Sponsor: Retina Consultants, Manchester, CT 06040

Registration Form

Attendees who register at the door will be charged an additional $10. Please
note that we will soon offer registrations to be made online at
<http://www.nfbct.org> www.nfbct.org following the link to State Convention
information. This will be posted on our website shortly.

Name: ______________________________________________________

Address: _____________________________________________________

Phone: ______________________________________________________

E-mail: ______________________________________________________

Indicate how many will be attending the following:

Division meetings Saturday Afternoon

_____ CT Association of Guide Dog Users; _____ CT Association of Blind
Students

_____ State Convention Registration Fee: $20 per person

Meals:

_____ Full convention package, $95 per person. Includes Saturday and Sunday
breakfasts, Saturday lunch and banquet dinner. This includes the
registration fee and represents a $10 discount per person.

_____ Saturday Morning Full Breakfast Buffet, $15

_____Saturday Lunch Choices: ____Roast Beef Wrap, $15; ____Turkey

Wrap,  $15; ___Ham Wrap $15; ____Tuna Wrap, $15

_____ Saturday Night Banquet Meal Choices: ____Chicken Parmigiana, $40;

____Eggplant Parmigiana, $40

______Sunday Morning Full Breakfast Buffet, $15

Total payment (registration fee and meals): $______

______ No, I cannot attend the 2023 state convention, but I am sending a
donation to the NFB of CT.

Registration deadline is October 15th. Send your check payable to the NFB of
CT with your registration form to:

NFB of CT, 111 Sheldon Road, Unit 420, Manchester, CT 06045