[nfb-db] DeafBlind in Flushing

Janice Toothman janice.toothman at verizon.net
Mon Sep 5 12:31:10 UTC 2011

I am sure that there are SSPs in New York, but since I don't live in New
York I am not sure how to tell you to where to find them.

What makes you think that HKNC don't understand what it means to be
deafblind? How have they communicated to you that they don't understand?
and if they don't, I am sorry that you have had such a bad experience
with the people at HKNC. Was that person disabled (i.e. blind, deaf or
deafblind) or were they sighted and hearing, because that might have
made a difference?

Have you been deafblind all you life? Have you received services from
your state department of  rehabilitation? Are you working or going to
school?

What name do you want to use on the list?
I hope my questions are not intimidating. I want to respond to you post
and get to know you so I can try to help.
Janice