[nfb-db] Definition of Deafblind? was new person

Gerardo Corripio gera1027 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 11:40:25 UTC 2012

Wow I’m also happy to see activity on here! I’m Gerardo from Mexico and
(here’s my question) don’t know if I’m considered deafblind or not because
though I’m blind from birth, I have 70% hearing loss for which I wear
hearing aids. In loud places I have trouble hearing even when I turn down
the hearing aid volume; also when there’s an air conditioner or other loud
noises, I have to sit near the speaker to be able to hear. Also in churches
and other venues where there’s echo I have trouble hearing. So are these
criteria for defining deafblind?