[nfb-db] Definition of Deafblind? was new person

Scott Davert scottdavert at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 18:34:44 UTC 2012

I would agree with Elizabeth's functional definition. Also, it's
possible to identify as medically deaf-blind, meaning that you have
the physical conditions but not the cultural identity. If you choose
to identify as deaf-blind, then you are. I've known of people who have
actually tried to say they were socially deaf-blind without meeting
the functional or medical definition, which I don't really see as
valid, but that's my own personal opinion on the matter.
Elizabeth: do you know Jeff
Bohrman? I notice you have a 614 area code, which I believeis
Columbus, which is where he lives and works. he's also deaf-blind.

It's great to see activity on this list!!
Scott