[nfb-db] Definition of Deafblind? was new person

Bdummette bdummette at aol.com
Thu Jul 12 19:01:28 UTC 2012

In answer to what you were saying, Personally I live with deaf-blindess everyday and I can definite speak.   I go to bed at night with deaf-blindness, I wake up with deaf-blindess so who knows better, myself talking about it.  I'm not reading from a book with definitions then go pick another book with more definitions, I can only tell you how and feel, not what I read.  My question to you, have you spoken to a live deaf-blindness person with speech?  That can tell you exactly what is going on in their world, not what you read.  When you do that then you can talk or to speak about true meanings of deaf-blind.  Not to be disrespectful but to be honest and to allow you a peek the real deaf-blind world. Something else that alot of people in agency are doing saying who is more disable and then to the next one, who have crossed eyes or less vision or more hearing or not more, it needs to stop. that is so not right.  As I see, these very people that giving all the different labels to everyone don't know cultures, deaf-blindness culture, hard of hearing culture at all. I welcome comment, please write back to me with the reply.  Thank you

Betty Banks aka Elizabeth