[nfb-db] Crossing Streets?

Scott Davert scottdavert at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 22:39:39 UTC 2012

Hi Arielle.
I'm going to disagree with you on this. How can you tell the traffic
that is louder is coming from one side or the other? And, how often is
usually? Even if it's 75% of the time, that means 1 and 4 crossings
present a significant risk. Also, you wrote that if she hears standing
traffic in front of her followed by relatively quiet moving traffic,
that it's probably safe to cross. That's the problem, she wrote that
she cannot tell whether traffic is in front of her or not. And if you
judge the directionality of the traffic purely based on how loud it
is, that is also dangerous because there are simply vehicles that are
more loud than others. Normally, I wouldn't chime in to disagree with
someone on a list, but in this circumstance, I think it's important.
I'm not trying to attack anyone here, just saying why I do not think
this advice is wise.

Thanks for reading,
Scott