[nfb-db] questions about Nexus 4 smartphone

Scott Davert scottdavert at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 12:00:31 UTC 2013

Hi Janice.
If you're a braille user, I wouldn't even give Android a second look
at this point. The amount of applications supported on Android is much
les than what you'll find on the Apple side of things and while you're
u2 will work once the correct application is installed, you will not
be able to write in contracted braille. You also will struggle a lot
with the braille access, even when using apps that come with the
device. I can say, though there is a learning curve, that the iPhone
is much more friendly to braille users and there are a lot of things
you cannot do with braille on Android that you can on Apple. Does this
help?

All the best,
Scott