[nfb-db] anyone on this list at hknc?

Marsha Drenth marsha.drenth at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 17:24:03 UTC 2013

Gene,
I am not yet at HKNC but will be starting my training in 11days. I took a tour first before deciding to do the training. If you can that would be useful for you to see. DARS should pay for the tour.
Yes the audiologist is great. What I know is that they will fit you for aids, you try them out. If they do not work, then on to another brand or type. If you go out and need tweeking of something with your aids, then the audi will do so. I have even heard that if needed, the audi will go out to different places to help with the hearing aid equipment fitting and tweeking.
When I was looking into going to HKNC, I talked to several people to see what their experience was. I found a few bad experiences, but mostly I found good ones.
I have heard that people get frustrated with the long process of fitting and tweeking aids, but its well worth it.
Its awesome that you have goals, keep at DARS.
Getting into HKNC takes a long time as they have a huge waiting list. I know of several others who are waiting to get into too. I have been waiting 3 months myself, and this is supposedly a short wait.

If you have other questions, please do ask...

Marsha drenth
Sent with my IPhone