[nfb-db] Size of Digests

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Tue Nov 5 20:12:42 UTC 2013

This is a question for those of you who receive the messages from
this list as a Digest.  One list member has requested that I make the
Digest smaller so it isn't as difficult to get through.  I can do
this, there is a global setting for this, but since there are 22 of
you receiving the digest, I wanted to see if there was any kind of
consensus before I did such a thing.

Currently the digest size is set to 250K.  This means that if there
are messages, the digest will be sent out once a day, or when the
size reaches 250K.  If I reduce the size, it means that there will be
more digests during a given day, when the list is busy.

Also, people can minimize the problem by trimming off all the stuff
at the bottom of messages, when you reply to a message.  Most mail
programs put everything in the reply message, with your new part at
the top, all the footers etc.  If you trim that stuff out, people
don't have to wade through it all.

Anyway what do people think, the same, smaller, or larger?

Dave

David Andrews, List Owner