[nfb-db] Types of deafblindness?

Marsha Drenth marsha.drenth at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 16:22:47 UTC 2013

Deafblind is a broad term. The technical defination of deafblind, is anyone who has a combined vision and hearing loss, to which the loses impair your ability to function. Saying that your a deafblind person is up to you. You could also be hard of hearing and blind, HOHB. Its really what your comfortable calling yourself. I wasn't and am still not, completely comfortable with deafblind. But just like with the NFB, I am blind. Blind for all variations of visual impairment. This is the same for the deafblind community. yes there are varying degrees of blindness, and deafness.

Call yourself what your comfortable with. But yes technically you are deafblind.

Marsha drenth
Sent with my IPhone