[nfb-db] Final question for deaf-blind focus group on accessible voting

maurice mines kd0iko at icloud.com
Sat Nov 23 22:09:01 UTC 2013

Good Saturday afternoon, the trend did I see is that the notetakers that have been developed for the line are incorporating more off-the-shelf software. I think that this is a good thing when the focus is that the software will eventually be able along with future hardware improvements being made by the companies themselves should allow for easier conductivity to electronic voting machines that have been specially adapted with the use of all.

I think that including the use of a Bluetooth interface will not only help people with hearing aids if they desire audio, if it is done right, one can also incorporate Bluetooth refreshable braille. Also as different locales eventually gain access to a real printer, it might be possible to braille instructions that might help speed up the process, or when a double-blind motor comes in to vote. And last but not least if machines are updated, continued training for poll workers on how to properly use the machines. And if certain places have a lot of the one voters, probably some basic abuse, and don’ts, probably be helpful.

Sincerely Maurice mines.  voicemail phone, 360-524-0791. School/work email address, Maurice.mines at PCC.edu.