[nfb-db] Introduction

April Brown aprilbrownwrite at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 10:04:01 UTC 2013

Hello,

     I am a writer who is a visual learner, who has recently been diagnoses
legally blind.  I also wearing a hearing, and have difficulty comprehending
vocal words, especially on  low vision days.  I've always learned by sight.
Now, that's becoming difficult.

      Until my recent vision loss, I always used closed captioned on tv,
when it was available, so I could understand what was being said.

     I am trying to find an affordable solution for writing and editing for
screen reading and dictation, preferably combined.  Dragon has crashed my
computer a hundred times, and I've had to reformat all three I've tried it
on multiple times.  Right now, I'm using the Microsoft speech recognition,
and the NVDIA program part of the time, and not very successfully.

      I have the cassettes to start the listening course from Hadley.  (Last
week was my 40th birthday week vacation, so I planned ahead to have them
arrive so I could start them tomorrow.)

     Any other suggestions or ideas that may help me in the adjusting
process?

Thanks,
April Brown

Writing dramatic adventure novels uncovering the myths we hide behind.