[nfb-db] Accessible Voting for DB

Sterling Shadowwolf soulalibi at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 15:02:40 UTC 2014

Hello,
I wish the NFB of Maryland good luck in this case. And I hope they win. I
know this case is winnable in court. I too, have find it somewhat
perplexing that some political thugs consider our ballots to be a "security
risks". When no such risks exist. A Deaf-Blind ballot is no different than
ballots printed in Spanish. These arguments are meant to prevent the DB
community from exercising their voting rights. It violates our voting
privileges. On a personal note, I am fortunate to vote in my own state
without any problems. This is because I don't request specialized ballots
such as in Braille prints or Spanish. But in general, minority groups are
often discriminated against when it comes to voting. So I feel sympathetic
to this case.

Good Luck!

-Sterling