[nfb-db] A question about hearing testing?

maurice mines kd0iko at icloud.com
Wed Aug 20 16:16:51 UTC 2014

 good morning, I’ve a question? This morning, I called to schedule a hearing test and a cleaning of my hearing is with a new audiology clinic. They ask you what kind of insurance I have, I told them that I have Medicare. The clinic informed me that hearing tests are not covered under Medicare because I already wear hearing aids, so the reasoning is that the hearing test is not considered medically necessary. So my question to the list is this true? The other thing that I have heard is that Medicare considers hearing aids a cosmetic accessory. The other thing which is making me wonder is the $80 cost of the test because the clinic says they must charge this across-the-board because of the Medicare determination. My second question to the list is making any sense?

Sincerely Maurice mines.
voicemail phone, 505693283
personal email, kd0iko at icloud.com.

Please note that this email has been dictated by using Dragon 4.0 for the Mac. Some words, syntax, and willingness. May be incorrect this is due to either the software or the dictation process.