[nfb-db] nfb-db deaf inclusion

Marsha Drenth marsha.drenth at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 23:12:29 UTC 2014

I am interested to hear about those organizations who serve persons who use tactual sign?
In regards to terminology. Anyone who has a combined hearing and vision loss is considered by the state, government to be deafblind. Now wheather or you identify with with the deafblind culture is another subject. There are groups of the people, the blind, the deaf, and the deafblind. But there are certainly cross overs. Yes there are some deaf persons who don't like to touch, thus they are unwilling to talk  to a deafblind person. But the same can be said for persons who are vanilla blind. The groups have a hard time understanding each other, relating, and being accommendating each other. This of course is not for all persons within those groups.

I didn't see the original post, so I am not sure what else I should say on the subject.

Marsha drenth
Sent with my IPhone