[nfb-db] CI Success Determinants

Catherine Miller guillcat at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 20:32:52 UTC 2014

Hmm.  Katy and Tracy relying on sign language interpreters after implantation?  I wish I could rely on sign language too, in addition to having my hearing.  I do have a few questions.  How long ago did they receive their implants?  What is their native language mode, sign or oral?  One list member said she or someone else had an implant with only one electrode.  I heave 22 electrodes on each side.  Also, is Katy's and Tracy's vision stable?  If they can see enough to rely on sign language, that is just fine.  If their vision gets worse, they will make the decision to return to the audi for more adjustments to the software, i.e., volume, etc.  If they have a current generation sound processor, they will be able to make the switch when they need to.

Sent from my iPad