[nfb-db] Florida Support Service Program Training Workshop - Orlando

Darlene Laibl-Crowe dlaiblcrowe at att.net
Sun Mar 23 14:26:54 UTC 2014

Actually, we have consulted with several other states before we began to
form our program.  Also, we've had much feedback from HKNC.  Currently there
are over 30 states that have SSP programs.  We have tailored our program
from the Seattle program.

Each program have been very willing to share and assist us as we have moved
forward.  There is much to do and it is flourishing.  We currently have 35
SSPs in our database and 55 Deaf Blind Floridians in our Registry.  We also
implemented the No Deaf Blind Floridian Left Behind Registry campaign in
hopes of gaining more numbers to approach funders, legislators and to
collaborate with other agencies.  We have several agencies who are very
supportive of what we are doing.

One of those are the Lighthouses throughout Florida.  The workshop next
month will be at the Lighthouse of Central Florida in Orlando.

It takes teamwork and collaboration for success.  Like Helen Keller said
'Alone we can do little but together we can do much'; FDBA is very willing
to work with other agencies, states.

Thanks for inquiring, Marsha, and I hope your journey at HKNC continues to
be a success!!

(smile)
Darlene