[nfb-db] FW: No Deaf Blind Floridians Left Behind Registry

Darlene Laibl-Crowe dlaiblcrowe at att.net
Mon Mar 31 13:45:42 UTC 2014

Note:  I passed this information along before.  Be sure to read carefully,
so there are no misunderstandings.  For clarification of my title.  There
are no SSP Services in the State of Florida.  I am the Coordinator for the
Florida Deaf Blind Association, Inc., as it is written below this
announcement.  FDBA is a non-profit organization that began planning the
Florida Support Service Providers program in the Fall of 2011.  The program
has not been implement yet due to funding; however, we are continuing to
train SSPs so that we can be prepared when funding does come through.

The No Deaf Blind Floridian Left Behind Registry campaign is strictly a data
collection project.  Feel free to visit FDBA's website:  www.fldeafblind.org
if there are any misgivings into the legitimacy of my role and the role of
FDBA in the State of Florida.

I also am available to answer any questions that you might have, I am a firm
believer that there are no questions that aren't worth answering; if I don't
know the answer I will be happy to find out or refer you to someone who
does.

Also, our projects are being shared throughout Florida by state agencies and
other agencies that serve Deaf Blind Floridians.  It is FDBA's goal to
collaborate with ALL entities who serve this underserved and underreported
population.

It is our hope that the statistics gathered from the project below will
bring more resources and effective laws so that the Deaf Blind can have a
better quality of life.  I hope you will share with all who have combined
vision and hearing loss and are residents of the State of Florida.

Have a Marvelous Monday!
   Darlene

Message begins:

This is an ongoing project in Florida.  Please distribute the attached
letter to your colleagues and agencies who serve those who are combined
vision and hearing loss encouraging them to share with those consumers who
have combined vision and hearing loss.

Thank you!

Darlene Laibl-Crowe

Florida Support Service Providers Program Coordinator
Florida Deaf-Blind Association
dlcrowe at fssp.fldeafblind.org
www.fldeafblind.org

RELAYING SELF-SUFFICIENCY for Deaf Blind Floridians

"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of
trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition
inspired, and success achieved"
                                                                ~ Helen
Keller