[nfb-db] Fwd: FCC Extends Deadlines for Comments on the Wireless Hearing Aid Compatibility Requirements

maurice mines kd0iko at icloud.com
Tue Jan 13 20:24:17 UTC 2015

Good afternoon everyone, I thought this might be the interest to some on this list? Please do not send replies to the originator of this message because she is not deaf blind and is not on this list. She is a fellow amateur radio operator and thought this might be important to me. Hope this helps?

Sincerely Maurice mines.
Message number 505-369-3283.
Note my portions of this email had been dictated by using Dragon 4.0 for the Mac, any words, spellings, and other syntax errors, are the result of either the software or the dictation process.

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: Sarah k Alawami <marrie12 at gmail.com>
> Subject: Fwd: FCC Extends Deadlines for Comments on the Wireless Hearing Aid Compatibility Requirements
> Date: January 13, 2015 at 11:47:19 AM MST
> To: maurice mines <kd0iko at icloud.com>
>
> I dunno if you use this system but thought you might want to make your voice, or in this case, pen, heard.
>
>> Begin forwarded message:
>>
>> From: AccessInfo <AccessInfo at fcc.gov <mailto:AccessInfo at fcc.gov>>
>> To: "'marrie12 at gmail.com <mailto:marrie12 at gmail.com>'" <marrie12 at gmail.com <mailto:marrie12 at gmail.com>>
>> Subject: FCC Extends Deadlines for Comments on the Wireless Hearing Aid Compatibility Requirements
>> Date: January 13, 2015 at 8:57:10 AM PST
>>
>> On January 12, 2015, the FCC extended the deadlines for submitting comments and reply comments on updating the Commission's hearing aid compatibility (HAC) rules for wireless handsets.  The new deadlines are:
>>
>> Extended Comment Filing Deadline:  February 5, 2015
>> Extended Reply Comment Filing Deadline:  February 20, 2015
>>
>> On November 21, 2014, the Wireless Telecommunication Bureau and the Consumer and the Governmental Affairs Bureau released a Public Notice requesting updated information to assess whether the Commission’s HAC rules for wireless handsets effectively meet the needs of individuals who are deaf and hard of hearing.
>>
>> Links to the Order extending the deadlines:
>>
>> Word : https://apps.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-15-46A1.doc <https://apps.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-15-46A1.doc>>
>> PDF :      https://apps.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-15-46A1.pdf <https://apps.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-15-46A1.pdf>>
>> Text :     https://apps.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-15-46A1.txt <https://apps.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-15-46A1.txt>>
>>
>> Links to the original Public Notice seeking comment:
>>
>> Word : DA-14-1688A1.docx <https://apps.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-14-1688A1.docx>
>> PDF:       DA-14-1688A1.pdf <https://apps.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-14-1688A1.pdf>
maurice mines
kd0iko at icloud.com