[nfb-db] College

Janice Toothman janice.toothman at verizon.net
Tue Jul 28 14:09:41 UTC 2015

Hi Jennifer,
I used the FM System or Assistive Listening Device that Chris mentioned
and had a transcriber that took notes on what was said and what was
written on the Board/overhead projector.  As far as movies,  have your
instructor inform you in advance so that you can watch it by yourself
with an interpreter or transcriber or whatever works for you so that you
can be prepared to discuss the movie in class.  That is what my
professors did.
Above all-Do not let your Deaf-Blindness keep you from pursuing your
academic goals.
Janice