[NFB-DB] Real-Time Speech to Text Translation

Marsha Drenth marsha.drenth at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 20:48:38 UTC 2018

Hi Eric,
I don’t have any experience with Real time speech to text. But as a student in a university at one time I used CART. Communication accessin real time. This means that a professional stenographer would type using there machine, which then went into a file, like a text file, then would be imported out to my braille display. So the stenographer would have the translation software on their computer including JAWS or NVDA. That then did the braille translation. If a good braille reader this can supplement his hearing. The company that I used when in a university class was “Karash” here in the Philadelphia Pa area. Yes, this requires someone who can do the typing, but this also provides for a transcripte of the class.

Hope this is helpful!

Marsha drenth
email: marsha.drenth at gmail.com
Sent with my IPhone
Please note that this email communication has been sent using my iPhone. As such, I may have used dictation and had made attempts to mitigate errors. Please do not be hesitant to ask for clarification as necessary.