[NFB-DB] cochlear implant article in this month's Braille Monitor

Ineko Gary rubiigary at gmail.com
Sun Dec 8 02:00:46 UTC 2019

Hi all

I’ve been blind since I’ve been six months old, and I started losing my hearing when I was about 11 to 13 years old. My mom‘s daughter was teach me sign language. Then I stopped because I was upset she got married and never came back. But when I was 16 years old I went to the school in Saint Augustine Florida the Florida school for the deaf and blind. From ages 16 to 18. And I had a friend she lived in Tampa she was totally deaf and she taught me sign language and so did my deaf boyfriend let me find language. I do not have issues syndrome. My blindness stems from being left in the car at six months old and beaten in the head by my father would make me lose the rest of my vision when I was little. My hearing loss we believe they came from my birth mother. But without hearing aids I am totally down. And I got new updated hearing aids that vocational rehab pay for they are Bluetooth compatible with my iPhone. And they have to be Turned up all the way for me to hear a little bit and some voices. I just got 3 or 4 months ago A Borrell focus 14 braille display that is linked up to my iPhone. And about 3 or 4 weeks ago I got a brand new updated  braille note touch 32+. And I got both of them from I can connect for free for those who are different levels of deaf blindness. And I was trained on both of them.

Always
Ineko

Sent from my iPhone