[NFB-DB] cochlear implant experiences

Showe Trela myshowe86 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 00:25:16 UTC 2019

Hello. I had a CI put in about a year and a half ago and I personally am glad I have it, but don't use it as much as I should. I got randomly sick a couple of years ago and lost all my hearing in my right ear. I am still going through a terible mourning process so I think that is why I hate my CI so much. It didn't hurt at all for me. I find the app pretty accessible. I hate how it sounds because I still have normal hearing in my left ear and my CI gives me a headache and I have to slow down voiceover to understand my phone. Never had to do that before... I still have lots of trouble localizing sound even when I wear the darn thing. Like I said. I am still mourning my hearing loss. Blindness is nothing to me because I've been blind all my life but losing my hearing was hard...

Showe

Sent from my iPhone