[NFB-DB] cochlear implant experiences

Chris Westbrook westbchris at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 23:48:14 UTC 2019

There are different types of processors, the processor I have works similar
to the behind the ear hearing aid I used to have for that ear and still
wear on the other ear. It has an ear hook that goes around the ear which is
connected to a device that sits behind the ear which contains the
microphones. It is slightly bigger than my hearing aid, but that is mainly
due to the battery which is rechargeable so I will take the convenience
over the slight increase in size. It doesn't bother me at all. Oh I forgot
this piece behind my ear is connected to a coil that is connected to the
magnet that attracts to the magnet inside my head. It doesn't bother me at
all though. It did a little bit when I was first activated but not much. I
got used to it quickly.