[NFB-DB] Fwd: [NFBP-Talk] Zoom Events Today

marsha.drenth at gmail.com marsha.drenth at gmail.com
Thu May 14 19:25:05 UTC 2020

All,

              The National Federation of the Blind of PA is the host of this event, this is not a NFB DB sponsored event. Yes, we are aware of the accessibility of Zoom events and are working with the national office to solve some of these issues. When captions have been requested for meetings whether they be small or large, they have been provided.

Yes, I have been helping coordinate some of these Zoom meetings for the NFB of PA, but honestly this topic slipped my sight. I apologize. My husband who has been coordinating the Zoom events apologizies. It was a mistake on our part, not on the part of the division or the affiliate.

Although it is a valid question in which Rox brings up, it is one that we have been unprepared for. Remember I already apologized above. Generally this topic has been dealt with on a individual basis and not in a group setting or on a list.

If anyone in the NFB would want to in the future cover a DeafBlind topic through Zoom or any platform, they should have the right accommendations in place for all to attend. They should also give the Executive board of the NFB DeafBlind division a heads up about the meeting before hand.

I will be following up with our affiliate president about the issues at hand. Because I live in PA and am already aware of the services here for captioning, we will be talking about this topic. I need to talk to the state affiliate president about this and what will happen. So please stay tuned.

Remember to be respectful of all opinions.

Thank you,

Marsha drenth

NFB DeafBlind 1st Vice President

email:  <mailto:marsha.drenth at gmail.com> marsha.drenth at gmail.com

Sent with my IPhone

Please note that this email communication might have been sent using my iPhone. As such, I may have used dictation and had made attempts to mitigate errors. Please do not be hesitant to ask for clarification as necessary.