[NFB-DB] my thoughts on the captioning trial during last Thursday's presidential release.

maurice mines maurice at maurice-amines.com
Mon Oct 5 04:47:35 UTC 2020

Hello Scott and everyone else. I used the option last Thursday because I
was having technical issues I am excited to say it worked perfectly for
me. I was concerned that things were moving too slow is far is the
reading in braille but at times it seemed to work out just fine. I think
doing this in the future definitely has some potential possibilities. I
just wish that this discussion had happened earlier.

The reason why I say I wish the edit occurred earlier this could have
been employed for our state's upcoming state convention. This would
especially be helpful, if there was some idea of the cost and figure out
the cost is lower to do the stream caption than the zoom captioning
which is actually done by a live person. What I'm getting at here is
both services have humans doing the transcription. But when I have read
the normal captioning there seems to be some things missing. There is
last Thursday's experience I was happy that I did not miss a word of it.
I hope my comments help? Be safe, and be well, and have an outstanding week.

Please note that the above text has been dictated to the computer by
means of dictation software. If there's something written about that you
don't understand, please let me know if there really is something that
you can't understand I will make every effort to help clear up any
misunderstandings that may have arisen based on my comments above. Thank
you all very much for reading this.

--
Maurice Mines, Board Member National Federation of the Blind Deafblind
Division Email: board4 at nfbdeaf-blind.org Website: www.nfbdeaf-blind.org