[NFB-DB] closed captioning for Colorado's State convention

Scott Davert scottdavert at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 21:16:47 UTC 2020

Thank you for the reply, Doula!
 Be aware that if you plan to use Zoom captioning, slower braille readers will not be able to access the captions.  In braille, on iOS devices at least, you only get a couple of words at a time and there is no option to scroll backword or forward. This is why national is experimenting with the presidential releases so that they can find the best option for everyone. I, personally, can keep up with Zoom captioning, but it's even somewhat challenging for me as a long time braille reader of over 30 years.

I hope this helps,
Scott

Sent from my iPhone