[NFB-DB] New Member from VA

kg 6sxy (kg6sxy) kg6sxy at gmail.com
Wed May 12 10:30:36 UTC 2021

Hello everyone,

I've recently joined the DeadBlind division and as a Member-at-Large since I live in a remote area without easy access to any local meetings.  I also found out recently that the DeafBlind division and the Charlottesville chapter in VA have gone dormant.

I've been blind since July 2019 and I've suffered with tinnitus since I was very young that often leaves me completely deaf for hours to days at a time.  Coupled with migraines and a serious case of annoying vertigo the never seem to go away, it makes mobility very challenging, especially on days that I can't hear anything.

Are there any other DeafBlind members that are only temporarily deaf like I am?  If so, how do you deal with mobility?

Take care,
Tony May