[NFB-DB] New Member from VA

Rox Homstad pawpower4me at gmail.com
Wed May 12 22:20:11 UTC 2021

Hello Tony May,
I'm Rox and I have been basically full deafblind for 15 years. But before that I had the same situation as you. Lots of ear ringing, sometimes I could hear and other times I couldn't, plus vertigo/dizziness to the point where I needed to get physical therapy multiple times a week to get assistance with relearning how to walk and complete activities of daily living. In around 2006 I lost all of my hearing and it has never come back after an event which basically caused my immune system to attack itself. The doctors say I have Ménière's disease.  I started using a braille display and learned American Sign Language when it was clear to me that I would probably lose all of my hearing. Please let me know if you have questions and I hope you find the support you need on the list!
Have a great night.
Best,

Rox'E and the Kitchen Bitches
Soleil, Rowan, Phoenix