[NFB-DB] In the market for new headphones

Misty Kienzynski mkienzyn at alumni.iu.edu
Tue Apr 26 17:21:08 UTC 2022

Greetings.

Forgive me of this is slightly OT, but I don’t have many places I know of to post this inquiry.

I am in the market for new headphones with a view specifically to using them with my iPhone.

Here are the specs that I’m looking for:

1) NO NOISE CANCELLATION!: I want to be able to hear clearly what is around me at the same time I’m listening through them.

2) They CANNOT be in-ear ear buds!:  I have never once been able to find ear-buds that fit my ears properly! Even if I did, since they are in-ear, they would surely block out sound around me!

3) They must have good audio quality, volume and the ability to be turned up considerably.  I also have a mild hearing loss and therefore need good volume as well as sound quality!

4) They must be wired!  I am not a big fan of bluetooth because of both latency issues and poor microphone recording quality. I also don’t like having to charge one extra thing if I don’t have to.

5). They must work well for music listening and applications such as Microsoft Soundscape

Cost is prety much no option as long as I can get all of what I mention above.

Thanks.

—
Misty Kienzynski
Bloomfield, IN