[NFB-DB] Cochlear Implants Response

kendrick.deborah at gmail.com kendrick.deborah at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 17:21:23 UTC 2022

Very interesting conversation.

Could either of you comment on how the cochlear affects your ability to remain oriented?

When I began wearing hearing aids 40 years ago, I realized I did not feel safe traveling. My solution then was to wear only one, even though my hearing required two, so that the “naked” ear could hear ambient sounds and traffic.

Do you have any of this ability when you have a cochlear implant? And what about echo location? Do you have any of that?

Thanks so much for sharing your experiences.

Deborah

If any of you are ompletely blind