[NFB-DB] Fwd: Now Hiring - Please Share

Chris Westbrook westbchris at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 21:34:11 UTC 2022

I'm curious what some of you mean by a hard of hearing deafblind culture? I
am definitely deafblind, I use a cochlear implant and a hearing aid, but
never considered myself part of a distinct culture. I certainly have
challenges like in background noise, etc. but use speech to communicate. I
live in Pennsylvania also, but I'm taking more of a wait and see approach.
Deafstone is just getting started having just been awarded the contract
fully. It may not be ideal, but if they make good hires, I think it could
work. Just because someone is fluent in ASL doesn't mean that they can't
understand and serve the needs of the hard of hearing, which should be
easier to serve as they probably use speech primarily. Just my two cents.