[Nfb-editors] question about editing articles

Barbara Pierce bpierce at oberlin.net
Wed Apr 28 18:26:17 UTC 2010

The amount of time you should invest in getting a piece copy ready depends
in my view on it value. I just did something for the Monitor that I had to
make changes in almost every sentence to bring it to Monitor standard. But
it was a version of  one of the messages we try to publish in different
voices, so I thought it was worth the trouble. If the piece would not be
worth much even after it is edited and you have no particular political
reason to use the material, forget it. Remember that most people cannot
write, and, if they get words down effectively, they can't punctuate. That
is just life at the editor's desk.
Barbara